Sweet Southern Tea Compost is an excellent choice for the vegetable garden and flower beds, and can also be used to top-dress around trees and shrubs. Sweet Southern Tea is a completely manure-free compost, made exclusively from composted Camellia Sinensis tea leaves. It is low in salts and a beneficial alternative to traditional composts for soils that have been heavily fertilized with manure.
Available in: 1.5 cu. ft. bag
– This bag contains 1.5 cubic feet and will cover: 18 sq. ft. spread 1” thick, 36 sq. ft. spread ½” thick, and 72 sq. ft. spread ¼” thick.
– For vegetable gardens: mix a 1-2” layer of Sweet Southern Tea Compost along with your favorite Lady Bug Natural Brand fertilizer into beds every planting season. You may also use the Sweet Southern Tea compost as a mulch around your vegetables.
– For flower gardens: for a new bed, spread 1-2” of Sweet Southern Tea Compost along with your favorite Lady Bug Natural Brand fertilizer across the soil. Blend into a depth of six inches. You may plant the same day as bed prep.
– For shrubs and trees: spread 1” of Sweet Southern Tea Compost around each plant twice a year as a mulch.
– For aerobic compost tea: use Sweet Southern Tea Compost as part of your favorite aerobic compost tea recipe.